Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus Contents
1. Yoga philosophy
Covering the background of Yoga, Patanjali’s 8 Limbs to the Path of Enlightenment, Ayurveda &Yogic lifestyle(based on four principles of Yogachara-ahara, achar a, vihara & Vichara) and include ethics for the Yoga teacher. Ayurveda & traditional texts ( Yoga-sutra of Patanjali, Samkhya philosophy, Charka Samhita, Bhagavad Gita etc.)
2. History of Yoga
Yoga- Its Origins, Sacred Texts of Yoga, Branches of Yoga, Yoga & Buddhism etc
- You will be introduced to the authentic asana in a more comfortable way in the supervision of Yogacharya. Yogic postures comprise four hours of the daily schedule.
- Covering the learning of technique, training, and practice. Includes principle of instruction, demonstration, observation, assisting/ correcting. Conscious training in concentration.
4. Shatkarma & Panchakarma Shatkarma (Yogic way of detoxification)
- Jala Neti
- Sutra Neti
- Dhauti (Vamana)
5. Panchakarma (Ayurvedic way of detoxification)
- Vamana Karma (Therapeutic emesis)
- Virechana karma (Therapeutic purgation)
- Anuvasana vasti (Oil/ unctuous enema)
- Asthapana vasti (Decoction based enema)
- Nasya karma (Nasal administration of medicaments).
6. The principle of Morden Ayurveda / Anatomy & Physiology for Yoga
- Covering both the understanding of conventional anatomy and physiology(bodily system, organs etc.) and Ayurveda physiology (Kosha, Prana, Chakras, Nadis etc.
- An in-depth study of posture, alignment, energetic and health benefits, adjustments, and modification.
There are a variety of different methods for developing a successful meditation practice you will experience during this course.
Developing your skills as a meditation teacher is an important part of filling your classes with rich meaningful content. The power of meditation is significant.
8. Pranayama ( Yogic breathing ) & Mantra Chanting
- Learn the science of Yogic way of breathing for balancing your prana energy.
- Feel the dynamic resonance of Vedic mantra chanting.