Having knowledge of Panchakarma is beneficial even for a common man. It is not just an Ayurvedic detox regimen; it is a way of life. Learning about Panchakrma is one of the most amazing gifts you could give yourself not just for the physical benefits it offers but for the mental balance it brings about.
Panchakarma means “five actions” in Sanskrit and it realigns our imbalances and cures our doshas (faults or bio-elements). In this time and age we have become almost mechanical, working crazy shifts and not taking care of our body and mind. Above all this, we do not follow a balanced diet and often avoid exercising on a regular basis. This makes us prone to diseases and infections. As a result toxins get accumulated in us that misalign and misbalance our body and mind further.
Let’s tell you about different types of Panchakarma treatments and massages and how it helps a person live disease-free life –
The Panchakarma Process: Panchakarma treatments are divided into three phases of detoxifications:
- Purvakarma is a preparation for cleansing
- Pradhankarma or Main course of Panchakarma consists of five cleansing procedures
- Pashchatkarma, or after care, are therapies applied after cleansing
Five main Panchakram technique
- Vamana (use of emetics): Artificial vomiting is induced using herbs. It is usually indicated for people with ‘Kapha’ (phlegm) disorders.
- Virechan (use of laxatives): Different purgatives are used depending upon a person’s constitution and disease. It is normally used to eliminate excessive Pitta (fire) from its site in the small intestines.
- Basti: A colon irrigation procedure to first cleanse the colon (Niruh Basti), and then restore (Asthapan) the function of colon with medicated enemas.
- Nasya (Nasal administration): Medicinal oils or herbal mixtures are inhaled or used as drops (mixed with oils or ghee) to clear the congestion in the sinuses. It is also good for balancing the prana (air) in vata.
- Rakta Mokshana (bloodletting): We recommend blood donations. Researchers at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City have found that non-smoking men who donated blood had a 30% reduced risk for cardiovascular events such as heart attack, bypass, and stroke than non-donors.
This impeccable cleanse is what makes The Panchakarma the best way to reset your body and make it physically, mentally and spiritually aligned again. And you or anyone hailing from non-Ayurvedic background can learn and practice these Panchakarma treatments with the help of specially designed training modules of Ayuskama Rishikesh. To know more details about scuh courses and training programmes, browse http://www.ayuskamarishikesh.com/ayurveda-treatments/about-panchakarma/